Saturday, February 7, 2009

Comfort Art

In the current economic climate, it is unlikely that trading volume of fine art will decrease, or increase, dramatically. However, in times like these it is very likely that "comfort art" (as I like to call it) sales will sky rocket.

I hate the word "cheap" because of the awful negative connotations but this art often is exceptionally good value. My rule for good value comfort art, therefore, is buy what you like and buy what you can afford.

Since moving online, I have stumbled across one art website time and time again. It's called Etsy. I'm sure most of you readers are very familiar with Etsy but for those who aren't it's basically a lovely website where craftspeople can sell their handmade goods. Etsy, in other words, is comfort art heaven. The especially brilliant thing about Etsy is that you can get original comfort art for often less than cheap prints!

My Favourite Etsy Shops
Keep emailing me at: deweywinters@googlemail.com

Peace & Love,
Dewey

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dewey! Thanks so much for featuring me:)) It is fun to discover new artists and their work.
    Cheers, Shelagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank you for creating such beautiful things!

    Keep in Touch, Dewey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dewey,
    thanks for the blog feature! It's always a nice surprise to find someone new who likes my work!

    Arian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work! Thank you for letting me show it on my humble blog!

    Thanks Again, Dewey :)

    ReplyDelete