Friday, January 23, 2009

Floss is Boss


Flossy Particles is the lovely name that a wonderful Australian artist refers to herself as. Her real name is Sarah, but Sarah is not quite such an "artsy" name. Flossy gives little information about herself away but I do know that she just moved from Sydney to New South Wales. What fun.

Anyway, Flossy's work is beautiful, delicious and so very sweet. My heart is screaming at me to buy a piece of her artwork just to see if it tastes as good as it looks. My head, however, isn't fond of the idea.

I would love to watch this woman work. I know that every mark is calculated and has meaning, but also is packed with hope, smiley faces and rainbows. It's crazy but I'm sure it's true. Flossy could probably pour a bucket of paint over a canvas and still illuminate my office (even through a monitor!). The picture above is incredibly crafted - the hair, the clothes, the birds, the hands...

Basically, Flossy is a talent who, although produces obviously hastily creative pieces, has a soul and spirit that transfer to the viewer like a charm. Please check out her website and support her any way you can!

Sorry this post is all over the place, I'm a little giddy today!

Keep emailing me at: deweywinters@googlemail.com

Peace & Love,
Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment