Saturday, January 17, 2009

Something Has Landed


Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Evening!

Hopefully, this will be the first post of many in my brand spanking new blog! I was urged to create such a thing by some friends in the art world who "require my online presence". So, at long last, I've arrived on the Internet and will be telling you, the beautiful reader, all about my life and adventures as an art dealer. Unfortunately, it's not as glamorous as it sounds!

Anway, let's talk about art!

Today I came across a wonderful artist who I've never really seen work by before. Lydia Corbett was born in Paris in 1934 to a family headed by an art dealer. Not surprisingly, therefore, she has become "a creative one" (as do most children born to successful dealers, artists, musicians, actors etc.) who modelled for Picasso. However, unlike more "creative ones", Corbett is actually a brilliant artist. Her watercolours are warm, welcoming and so under-priced!

If any budding art dealers are out there, you should take a look and consider purchasing. She isn't going to last forever and I have a feeling that her works will only rise in value!

Peace & Love,
Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment