Thursday, January 22, 2009

For Izibor...

I'm not sure about clogging up my blog with things unrelated to art, however, this is a special case. As with artworks, a song or musical composition can have a huge impact on you or no impact at all. I'm an incredibly avid music fan and love the way that one song can take you from a feeling of loneliness and desperation to a wonderful, magical place where nothing matters.

I recently came across Laura Izibor who's song "Shine" makes me feel like a new person each time I hear it. She rockets me to a positive, uplifted mood and never fails to make me stop and appreciate what I have. I won't smother you with any more, just have a listen - you won't be disappointed.



This video isn't the best quality, but it's fitting. Who cares if it's rough and ready - her music is soulful, beautiful and raw no matter what.

Peace & Love,
Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment