Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stooped In My Tracks


Naoko Stoop is a Japanese born artist currently studying and living in Brooklyn, New York. The bulk of her current work is done on brown paper, giving it a warming, uplifting and wholesome feel. Although I usually steer clear of work concentrated on using browns and greys (etc.), Stoop's pieces put a smile on my face each time I see them.

Stoop's work is anything inherently new, but it feels revolutionary to me. Art today is usually "too harsh", "too bold" or "too deep". Some artists can pull this off (I'll feature them sometime soon), but most can't. That's why I'm feeling almost a new person after seeing Stoop's naive, tentative and adorable work.

I don't own any Stoop work but next time I'm in New York, it will be a joy to view and purchase some of her pieces. I urge any lovers of art to support her creative development as an artist by buying prints online at her shop. Thanks for reading and keep emailing - I'm loving being in contact with you all!

Peace & Love,
Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment