Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I've Been Stoned

Sharon Stone is an Australian artist who is inspired by poetry and literature in her work. Her creations are obviously packed with her sweat, blood, tears and love for expression. It's frustrating to view images on her website because, although crafted with droplets of genius, I know there is so much more to this fantastic woman's work.

The final pieces seem to be based around love and passion (red) or tranquility and harmony (blue). Even through my computer monitor, I can sense the artist has a deeper understanding of feelings than most "same-old" painters and paints to communicate, rather than for material gain. Stone is described as an "abstract" artist but I don't think there is anything abstract about her. Her masterpieces, even if only to me, tell stories of tragedy, death, deceit, religion and peace among other things.

Keep emailing me at: deweywinters@googlemail.com

Peace & Love,
Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment